The Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute (OLBI) is the flagship for bilingual education in Canada. Under the umbrella of the Faculty of Arts, OLBI is an international leader in teaching English or French as a second language, assessment of second language proficiency, and research in second language acquisition and pedagogy. For more than 30 years, OLBI has provided innovative educational programs that meet the language learning needs of a diverse student population. Our Institute is committed to creating a dynamic learning environment that fosters academic, professional and personal growth.
For more information on OLBI, visit www.olbi.uOttawa.ca.
The English Intensive Program (EIP) strives to provide excellence in language instruction. Each year, more than 700 students from over 35 countries choose our specialized training in English to further their studies or enhance their career opportunities. Many graduates of the EIP go on to enroll in an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Ottawa.
The EIP boasts a range of outstanding features
- An excellent academic reputation
- Accreditation by Languages Canada, the country’s “premier” language organization (www.languagescanada.ca)
- Highly qualified instructors with master’s degrees in second language teaching
- Small classes that ensure individual attention
- Small conversation groups guided by native speakers
- A weekly socio-cultural activities program
- A supervised student resource centre with study materials and software
- State-of-the-art classrooms and language laboratories